About Cutting Edge Theatre Company
CUTTING EDGE THEATRE was formed in 1995 as part of a Christian Charity Organisation [Youth with a Mission Scotland]. This organisation had a remit to form a professional Theatre Company who would examine social issues through the use of Theatre. Being part of the Charity meant that there was financial and managerial support especially in the initial stages. There was an educational aspect to the company which provided workshops for schools and communities nationally and overseas and also bringing touring productions, teaching and participating in the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. By October 2001 Cutting Edge Theatre Productions became a formal company.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
AIM: Cutting Edge Theatre exists “to make a difference in people’s lives”
We do this by:
- Enabling young people through the INSPIRE project. Working with young people who have learning difficulties/disabilities, helping them to discover their talents, learn new skills and gain confidence. Using drama techniques all designed to help specifically with confidence, self-esteem and vocal issues. This project is being developed in 2013 to include employability skills and opportunities.
- Providing opportunities to disadvantaged young people for employment through a creative process that includes role play, talent shows, youth theatre, confidence issues and working with other organisations to provide placements etc.
- Addressing contemporary issues facing young people through Drama eg suicide, teenage pregnancy and other relevant issues.
- Encouraging marginalised young people through the “Children in Overseas Theatre Scheme” [COTS] which uses creativity to help children who are outcasts in their society [street kids, orphans, special needs etc]. We work with overseas organisations to “Teach the Teachers” thus ensuring the work is sustainable and also working directly with children. There are number of phases to this project.
- Engaging with Communities, through Cutting Edge Community Theatre Company which encourages adults and children alike to be part of a community play where the process of gaining self-confidence, learning new skills is as important as the play itself.
- Complementing a vibrant network of Musical Theatre in Scotland by encouraging local writing; commissioning original productions, collaborating with other organisations and producing new and existing Musicals.
Watch this space for news on productions!
Cutting Edge Theatre Productions
6 Albion Terrace
0131 652 0968
Charity number SC032252
Company number 222790
Follow on Facebook
Ways to Support Us
You can donate to the charity via:
Donate through CAFOnline